Total Hours: 30 Hours
Course Duration: 10 DAYS- 3 HOURS/ DAY
Lesson Duration: 3 HOURS
This training program focuses on equipping you with a practical set of techniques and methods which will enable you to become familiar with the machine sewing and garment construction. These skills are taught through a variety of hands-on projects, demonstrations and guided supervision.
You will be practicing machine sewing techniques to assemble a wide range of samples and apply learned techniques to the construction of a garment.
- Introduction to the training program.
- A small introduction about the clothing industry and Public Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Types of sewing machines and their parts (stitch sewing machine, overlock machine, flat lock machine).
- Types of needles, sizes and codes.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment.
- Learn how to set up the stitch sewing machine and overlock machine.
- Introduction about the different types of fabric used in the apparel manufacturing.
- Learn how to assemble fabric pieces.
- Pattern reading and cutting.
- Garment sewing quality control.
- Learn how to sew a garment.
- Garment Making/ Projects to practice machine sewing.